Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Head Hunter

Mike Meyers of The Meyers Group just called from 704-588-5650 looking for an ElectroMagnetic Design Engineer for GE Healthcare plant in Florence, SC to help build MRI magnets. My name came up on his search, but I've already been there. I gave him the link to the International Cryogenic Materials Conference participants list from 2003 and suggested Intermagnetics General Corpaoration or possibly the National High Field Magnet Lab.

I told him the story about the 0.5 Tesla magnet that could not be shimmed and that within 12 hours, after using all the Engineering computer resources, Wan Zang told me that a turn was missing in layer 13 of the Z- small coil and, upon unwinding that coil, it turns out he was he was right. The coil was rewound properly with a new length of wire and shipped without further issue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home