Thursday, July 07, 2005

MIT


This is the logo from my school. Its very cool in that it features both the craftsman and the scholar. Some people thought it was a big deal in 1981 that the year was the upside down version of the year the school was founded. A very rough translation of the motto is:

Use your hands and use your head.

I went to MIT for my undergraduate degree. I attended from 1976 - 78, worked at United Computing Systems for 2 years (see previous post), then I returned from 1980 - 82 and finally graduated with a BS in Materials Science and Engineering.



Accomplishments include:
1. several trips to the top of the small dome,
2. tunneling with Marlene,
3. graffiti in my favorite stall that survived my 2 year hiatus,
(Virginity is like a balloon, one prick and its gone)
4. grinding wheel gift to the glass blowing lab (Hi Pam!),
5. my friends at Alpha Delta Phi,
6. published research,
7. connection for my first job out of school,
8. Uechi Ryu Black Belt in my Sophomore year,
9. others...

Found the logo on a link to a MIT Media Lab survey about bloggers...

Take the MIT Weblog Survey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home