Thursday, October 20, 2005

Walden Pond

I went to my parents' home for dinner last night to deliver pictures from their 50th Wedding Anniversary. My older brother Jerry was there. Before I arrived, I stopped at Walden Pond for a quick 1.5 mile loop around the pond with my camera and came out with some interesting shoreline reflecting in the calm water shots.

The place was fairly well attended with a number of activities: school field trip, wetsuit swimmers doing the pond length, a fisherman, several joggers, two readers and several other visitors.
At the cabin, you are supposed to bring a rock and pile it on. On the backside of the pond there are train tracks. It costs $5 to park and you pay a machine. You can buy a yearlong pass for $45 and I think it is then good at all MA State Parks. Don't lean against a tree when you are taking pictures of the train going by or a deer tick may land on you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home